Hunter Life Education was started by a volunteer and volunteers are still very much at the heart of what we do.
Our volunteers are essential to everything we do. You’re Hunter Life Education’s face in the local community. You raise money to support our mobile learning centres and us to deliver vital preventive health education to our children . You tell people we’re here for our children and your voice helps us shape and improve our service.
What can I do in a few minutes or hours?
If you have limited time to give there are still lots of ways you can help make a difference. Help us reach more children and help so we can develop and extend supporting our campaigns.
Or get involved in your local area. Take part in a local fundraising collection, help out at a local event, research new fundraising opportunities from home or your office.
Join or start a local Hunter Life Education group
Our local committee support groups are vital. As well as directly raising money to keep local mobile learning centres operating, you raise awareness of who we are and what we do, helping us to grow our networks and reach children who needs us.
It’s easy to join an existing group or set up your own and it’s up to you how much time you want to give and how you want it to fit around your other commitments. It could be a matter of simply getting a few friends together and turning things you do anyway into a fundraising opportunity. Or, if you have more time, organising more or bigger events and getting involved in other aspects of Hunter Life Education’s activities.
Some examples of events our groups organise include: fundraising collections, Christmas parties, clothes swaps, coffee mornings, club nights, quiz nights, walks and bike rides, art shows and balls… and much, much more!
Volunteer in the Hunter Life Education Office or from home
We need people to help with a whole range of activities including coordinating volunteer activity, office admin, selling raffle tickets and event management.
Organise your own event – We rely on people from all walks of life to raise money for us. Without them, we wouldn’t be able to fund our vital services and develop new ways to support children and schools across the country.
Giving up a little bit of your time to raise some money for Hunter Life Education can be really rewarding. You’ll feel a real sense of pride for helping to give children the necessary skills to make positive choices for their future. You’ll meet new people. And you’ll have plenty of opportunities to have some fun.
Be an employee volunteer – If your company is interested in getting involved in supporting Hunter Life Education visit our Corporate Partnerships section to learn more.
- Hunter Life Education has its head office at Edgeworth and visits communities throughout the Hunter. We are supported by volunteers fundraising in all areas of Newcastle and the Hunter.
- Contact us – Phone 02 4958 6766 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This depends on you and what you’d like to do for us. Helping with local commities could be flexible and whatever time you are able give us will be much appreciated. Some roles require a more specific time commitment and this is stated in the role description.
- Volunteers should not be out of pocket as a result of volunteering for us! We reimburse reasonable travel costs to and from the organisation, travel while volunteering and other expenses by arrangement.
- For most roles we’ll invite you to meet us for a chat. It’s a chance for you to find out more about the role and the organisation and we can get to know you better and find out how to best match your skills and interest to our current need.
- Many roles just require your time, energy and enthusiasm! Volunteer role descriptions will list any additional skills or experience you may need.